-By: Dr. Monika Sharma
(Best Laparoscopy Surgeon in Udaipur)
Laparoscopic Surgery in Udaipur
What is Hysteroscopy?
It is the examination of the inside of the womb using a fine telescope. A small telescope is inserted through the vagina and cervix into the cavity of the womb. Generally, this is done under general anaesthesia. [...]READ MORE
Laparoscopy Surgery is the visualization and treatment of pathology via tiny minimal openings using sophisticated medical grade cameras, telescopes and surgical instruments. [...]READ MORE
A laparoscopic hysterectomy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure to remove the uterus. A small incision is made in the belly button and a tiny camera is inserted. The surgeon watches the ..READ MORE
Laparoscopic Myomectomy, also called Robotic Myomectomy is a surgical procedure of removing fibroids through small abdominal incisions. Laparoscopic Myomectomy is suggested- [...]READ MORE
Ovarian cysts are nothing to worry about as it comes and goes naturally. But everyone is unique, therefore; it is always advisable to consult your doctor [...]READ MORE
Laparoscopy Surgery Process
It is a minimally invasive surgical procedure where a laparoscope (a long thin instrument with a camera attached to one end) is inserted via a small incision close to the navel. [...]READ MORE
Laparoscopy Surgery Benefits
Since the number of incisions is lesser and the size of incisions is very small, and they heal faster, pain experienced by the patient is much lesser compared to an open surgery. [...]READ MORE
There are a number of advantages to the patient with laparoscopic surgery versus an open procedure. These include:
- Reduced bleeding , which reduces the chance of needing a blood transfusion.
- Smaller incision, which reduces pain and shortens recovery time.
- Reduced exposure of internal organs to possible external contaminants thereby reduced risk
- Very less chances of acquiring infections like pus in stitch line or in wound inside,as one can understand with it’s name…its “minimal invasive surgery”
- Less pain, less pain medication needed.
- Although procedure times are usually slightly longer, hospital stay is less, and often with a same day discharge which leads to a faster return to everyday living.
- Cosmetic incision
Yes…. Endometriotic implants are ideally treated laparoscopically with excision. This treatment usually produces more immediate results in terms of pain relief and improves fertility compared with medical therapy.
The following is a normal timetable for recovery from minimally invasive surgery on the abdomen:
- The groggy feeling from the anaesthetic disappears the day after surgery and the individual is fully alert once again.
- Any pain in the shoulders or neck area usually goes away in couple of days.
- Soreness in the incisions disappears within a few days and the incisions heal after about five days.
- The bloated feeling after abdominal or pelvic laparoscopy goes away within a few days.
Laparoscopy is a very good tool for diagnosis and evaluation of Infertility, the best part of laparoscopy is, in the same sitting, one can be benefited with the treatment of the problem. For example, if there is PCOS, ovarian drilling is done. If a minor tubal block is there, cannulation can be done.
Recovery depends on the type of procedure performed. Most patients feel well within just few days of surgery. Even if major surgery has been performed, one can resume routine activities in 1-2 weeks.
The timing for returning to work depends on the procedure performed and your occupation,but it’s much less than conventional open surgery.