Why is Laparoscopic Myomectomy done?
If there are many causes and symptoms that trouble your normal activities such as heavy menstrual bleeding, pelvic pressure or urinary incontinence, then doctors can suggest laparoscopic myomectomy. Some of the reasons to choose myomectomy are –
- If planning to bear children.
- If the uterine fibroids are interfering with fertility.
- If you want to keep the uterus and just want to remove the fibroids.
Benefits of Laparoscopic Myomectomy treatment
Compared to other treatments, Laparoscopic Myomectomy is considered as an effective, appropriate, and safe procedure to remove fibroids from the uterus. Some of the benefits are as follows :
- It causes less loss of blood during the operation process.
- The treatment does not take a long time where the patient gets a discharge within a day.
- It has a quick postoperative recovery
What are the risks involved?
The risk involved in a laparoscopic myomectomy is common to any minimally invasive surgery and can be managed very easily. They are:
- Infection in/around the surgical site.
- Bleeding during the surgery.
- Damage to the surrounding organs.